Very recently, Readdle added a new member to its family. It added a fast and smart email app, to its existing huge collection of productivity apps for iOS devices. The debut app Spark, is said to contain a ton of customization options and notification and filtering options. Although, Spark is the latest third party email app which landed on the iPhone.
Forget Sparrow, Mailbox and Outlook, as Readdle’s Spark App is out. Even though a lot of email apps were present, but it didn’t help the users with going through the mails or processing their inbox. The typeface used for the app is indeed superb, as it helps the users to glance through the mails very easily.
1. The button icons can be easily recognized, thus, helping you to easily understand how the app works. Apart from that, the side panel menu which is usually accessed by tapping the “hamburger” button located at the top corner, will allow users to have an easy and full access to the app’s different sections, folders, and labels.
2. The unique feature of this app, are the “cards” in the Smart Inbox, that can help the user in filtering and organizing the messages. The cards can help the users to filter all incoming messages.These cards show up to three message previews, and if a user wants to see more messages, then they can see it through the help of “View All (#)” option which is present at the bottom of the card. Just tapping will expand the card and users can view all filtered messages.
3. Swiping feature can help the users to take action on emails from the message list. By swiping to the right on a message can bring up the archive. Even users can delete all messages in a card with a longer swipe. Swiping little left will help you to pin messages in separate cards, while to further left will allow the snoozing option.
4. Lot of options are available for personalization, hence, users can customize the app in the way they like. The app supports multiple email accounts through Google, Exchange, iCloud, Outlook, Yahoo, etc.
5. To compose new messages, simply tapping the floating blue “+” button in the base corner is enough. At the point when users will be composing a message, you can rapidly switch which email you’re sending from, add attachments from connected services, and swipe through your signatures to verify that it’s fitting for the circumstance.
6. The app also provided support for connected services. Users can sign into their accounts for these through the Settings view from the side panel menu, and thus include: Dropbox,One Drive, Box, Google Drive,OneNote, Instapaper, Evernote,etc. Even if the user has two different accounts, i.e., personal account and work account for any of these services, Spark can provide support up to two each.
- The design of the app is beautiful, as features a flat and clean design. Vibrant colors have been used along with fluids and bouncy animations.
- Spark App is the first third-party email apps, that supports Apple Watch, and allowing the users to confirm the message receipt with a single tap.
- The app allows the users to process their inbox much faster.
- It also allows the users to dictate proper replies using your voice.
- The app extends its condensed Smart Inbox view to Apple Watch, allowing to have a sneak-peek at the new things, without the need to pull out the iPhone from the pocket.
- In comparison to rival apps, sometimes the Spark App’s ‘snoozed email’ feature does not work well.
- The splash screen pops up every time the app is launched. It’s a pain, as many times users would love to straight away dig into new emails.
- Also, the app isn’t good for marking ‘unviewed messages’ as ‘read’ when a user wants to delete it via the Notification Center.
- The app is not available for Windows and Android platforms.
The app offers a smarter approach to streamlining mobile email.
Spark App is available for free download for iPhone and Apple Watch from the App Store.
The battle for mobile email supremacy is gathering momentum, with new third-party contestants coming up in the App Store on a regular basis. With Google also opening Inbox by Gmail, and Outlook has already garnered huge followers. Readdle’s app Spark will have to fight hard for getting the attention of the customers. But this Spark app can really be a good app for those who are serious about their inbox. Hence, going for Spark App is worth a try.